With a move right around the corner, are you starting to feel stressed out? We absolutely understand. Moving to a new home in Florida can be a very stressful situation. There’s a laundry list of issues and belongings that need to be accounted for. It’s enough to make even the calmest person feel frenzied.
Well we’re here to tell you that it’s going to be just fine. We understand that you have plenty of questions about your upcoming move and we have the answers. AmeriMove has helped many families and businesses in Florida over the years. We are experts in ensuring a smooth move. If you can’t find an answer to your moving questions on our website, then give us a call at (850) 656-7100.
Tips for Your Upcoming Move
- Always have someone watching the movers while they are packing and loading your items.
- Be familiar with the neighborhood before the day of the move. You want to make sure there is room for the truck in front of your new home. Be sure to warn the movers of any stairs they will have to climb or if there is an available elevator before the moving day.
- Let the mover know if there are time restrictions on when you are allowed to move. Many apartment buildings will not allow you to move after 5 PM.
- The building owner may ask the mover to see insurance certificates in case any damage is done to the building. Be sure they have these papers.
- Have all supplies that will be needed for the move. If the mover has to go get more, your price will go up and time will be wasted.
- All of the packing you are doing yourself must be completed prior to the day of the move.
- Before your move, try to obtain a written appraisal of antique items to verify value.
- Avoid waxing or oiling wooden antiques (and fine wood furniture) before moving because some products may soften the wood and make it vulnerable to imprinting from furniture pads.
- Unplug all television sets a few hours in advance of the move so that they will be at room temperature when the movers arrive. Moving a TV set in which heat is still retained can cause internal damage and damage to surrounding furniture.
Want some professional help moving out of your home or office? You can fill out our online form to get a FREE estimate. Whether it’s a local move or a long-distance move, AmeriMove is the company that you can trust to get you there.